Sunday 12 February 2017

KYLIE EQUALS COURSE RECORD IN 3RD ROUND OF OATES VIC OPEN

Kylie with Caddie

LADIES EUROPEAN TOUR NEWS RELEASE

By Brad Green

At lunchtime on Friday, Kylie Henry thought she'd be on an early flight back to Scotland.
Henry was even par at the half-way mark of the Oates Vic Open and didn't believe that was good enough to make the cut.
Fortunately Henry made it through to the weekend and capitalised on that reprieve in the third round around the Beach course.
The 30-year-old rocketed up the leaderboard after equalling the course record of 65 and begins today's final round tied for 13th.
A late bogey on the par-four eighth – her 17th hole of the day – after she drove into a bush and was forced to chip sideways cost Henry any chance of lowering the mark of eight-under held by Su Oh.
"I played really solid and putted really nice as well and never really looked like making a bogey," Henry said.
"I got to nine-under and then hit a poor tee shot on my second last hole so a little bit disappointed because the best score I've ever shot is eight under.
"So I really had that in mind to beat. I didn't know about the course record but I'm really happy with eight-under and feel like my game is coming together.
"It's nice to be moving up the leader board going into the final round, looking forward to it."
It's her third visit to Barwon Heads and she always enjoys coming to Australia. It's been a productive fortnight for Henry on this trip Down Under, having finished sixth in last week's RACV Gold Coast Challenge.
"I really enjoyed my trip, it's been good fun," Henry said.
"It's great have this event now on our schedule. It's new to the Ladies European Tour and I think it's brilliant that it's now part of it.
"I've loved being out here the past two years so it's nice that it now counts on our schedule."
Henry married fellow professional Scott Henry, who plays on the European Tour, in late December.
But such is the life of a touring pro there's been little time together over the past six weeks because of their schedules.
She's been Down Under on her own for the past fortnight while Scott travels out to Perth next week to play in the ISPS HANDA World Super 6 event.

In the final round which was extremely windy Kylie finished down the field in 18th place. To read the full result and scoreboard totals go to the KIRKWOOD GOLF WEBSITE